North Yorkshire County Show
Rules And Regulations
The Show shall be called ‘North Yorkshire County
Agricultural Show’ (hereinafter called "The Show").
2. The Show is a private company limited by guarantee,
Company Number 8805879 and shall operate in accordance with
the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
3. The Directors and Members shall be form the Show
Committee (hereinafter called “The Committee”). The
Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy and have
the power to elect any sub-committee they deem necessary.
4. The Directors shall be elected from the members, on a
rolling programme to be determined by the current Directors
and Members, at the Annual General Meeting in December of
5. An Honorary President shall be elected annually at the
Annual General Meeting of The Show to be held in December of
each year and he/she shall assume office on the first day of
January next following.
6. All past Presidents shall enjoy for life, the
privileges given to former Presidents, at the annual show.
7. The Directors and Members of The Show can nominate Life
Members whenever circumstances so demand.
8. The Committee shall manage the Show in its entirety and
shall be responsible for altering any judging arrangements
or event they may consider necessary.
9. The Committee will not accept responsibility for any
accident or accidental damage that may occur involving
competitors, exhibitors or members of the public whilst
entering or leaving the Show field or on the Show field
itself. It shall be considered a condition of entry that
any competitor or exhibitor shall not hold the Show
responsible in the event of any accident or accidental
damage and that condition of entry shall be considered to
indemnify the Show against any legal proceedings arising
from such circumstance.
10. Completed and signed entry forms, together with entry
fees, must be in the hands of the Secretaries on or before
the date shown in the schedule (with the exception of
sections where entries are to be made on the day of the Show
as shown in the Schedule).
11. The Show will not be held responsible for any losses,
mistakes or accidents that may occur in any entry and all
entries are received subject to this condition.
12. The Committee reserve the right to reject any entries
and to return the entry fees.
13. The Committee reserve the right to cancel any class in
which there are no more than three entries. The Committee
will meet within one week of the date on which entries close
and exhibitors in any class that is cancelled will be
notified immediately after the meeting and have their entry
14. The Committee reserve the right to remove any
objectionable or noisy competitor or attendants from the
15. The Committee may add to the number of prizes in any
class if they consider that the entries warrant such
addition and withhold prizes in any class where they
consider the number of entries insufficient to warrant such
16. All animals except horses, to be on the Show field
before 10.00am on the day of the Show. Ordinarily, no animal
is to leave the Show field before 4.00pm.
17. All Champions and first and second prize winners to
parade in the ring.
18. Any dispute or protest related to any prize or result
shall be made to the Secretaries, in writing, no later than
4 p.m. on the day of the show. The matter will be referred
to the Committee whose decision on the matter will be final
and binding on all interested parties.
19. In the event of unfavourable weather or unforeseen
circumstances beyond the control of the organisation, the
Committee are empowered to postpone or cancel the Show and
will not hold themselves responsible for any expenses which
might be incurred by any competitors or exhibitors.
20. All exhibits to be the property of the exhibitor and are
to have been in his or her ownership at least one month
prior to the date of the Show.
21. No betting allowed in connection with any events.
22. Except where otherwise stated all trophies are
perpetual, cannot be won outright and will be held until
31st May following the show at which they were won, unless
recalled earlier by the show. The trophies must be returned
in a sound and clean condition. Failure to return trophies
will result in the Exhibitor concerned being refused entry
to future shows run by the North Yorkshire County
23. The Committee will not be responsible for any charges
incurred by exhibitors for conveyance or delivery of
exhibits to and from the show.
24. The foregoing Rules shall only be altered or added to by
an Annual General Meeting or a General Meeting of Members
duly convened for such a purpose. These rules are in
addition to the Articles of Association which are the
overriding legal rules.
25. By entering the North Yorkshire Country Agricultural
Show the exhibitor is agreeing that his/her name and
location will be entered into and published in the list of
competitors (full address details will be held on a
database). The Show reserves the right to use this
information for promotion, publicity and future mailings
undertaken by or on behalf of The Show. Personal details
and addresses will not knowingly be passed to any third
party not connected with The Show without written